Tuesday, December 17, 2013

¡Bienvenido! (Adventures in Spain Part 1)

Hey there all!  Welcome to yet another blog by yours truly.  This time, I am going to be chronicling another adventure that I am going to be taking part in.  This coming spring semester, I am going to be taking a temporary leave of absence from the United States and living among the Spaniards in Segovia, Spain and studying the glorious Spanish language full on and more in-depth.  In all honesty, I never would have expected that something like this would be happening, and now that it is, I can't help but see just how truly blessed I am to even have such an opportunity to travel and study. Glory be to God! Nothing is impossible with Him!

As a start, here is the place that I am going to be calling home for the next three and a quarter months: Segovia, Spain.  It is a World Heritage City, full of history.  It is about an hour northwest of the capital city of Spain, Madrid.


Isn't it beautiful?  :)

Here is a brief overview of what is going to be happening while I am overseas:

  • I will be living among the Spanish population as an international student in Segovia, Spain and studying on-site with 15 other American students within the AHA program
  • I will be living with a host family and experiencing authentic family interaction and sharing life with them, learning from them, experiencing their culture, and making new friends from across the world (as well as enjoying their two dogs)
  • I will be taking four Spanish content classes (Spanish art history, Spanish contemporary literature, Spain and its significance in the European Union, and an internship seminar class that will hopefully allow me to teach English to local children)
  • I will be taking excursions with the AHA program across the country and experiencing the various sides of Spain through places such as Madrid, Andalusia, and Salamanca
  • I will be speaking Spanish almost constantly! (with family members, with fellow students, with local Segovians, and with potential co-workers, and [probably after a bit of time...] myself)

This is just what I know about so far.  Who knows what will actually happen once I'm there!  All I know is it is all going to be a whirlwind of exciting new opportunities!  And don't worry!  As I progress through my semester, I want to make sure to keep everyone that wants to in the loop with all that is happening (or, at least as much as I can possibly can).  Get ready for a very wild ride.  There is a lot that is going to happen.  The Lord is going to continue narrating His story; I just get to be a part of it. This is only the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment